Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bad Timing?

Our house is on the market. Whew!

I gotta tell you, even though it may be very obvious to everyone BUT me: if you're going to try to sell your house & move across the country, do NOT plan on moving 5 weeks after you are due to give birth to a baby. At least not if your spouse is working full time AND attempting to be a good full-time student for an online university. AND when you have a very busy 2-year-old.

I've got 65 boxes packed, labled, and stacked in the basement ready to go. The house is practically spotless, quite bare, and we're trying to live with very low impact so it stays that way. It's been on the market technically for about 9 days, but actually available for viewing only 3 days. We've already had two people show it to potential buyers, and today at least 14 realtors came through for the MLS tour.

I'm a little less than 7 weeks from my estimated due date to have baby #2 and have certainly tapered off in extra energy for things like packing & cleaning. Simon is quickly approaching 2 1/2 and is very talkative, busy, and periodically naughty.

I feel a (probably unjustified) sense of calm & quiet tonight b/c as far as we know, no one is coming through the house tomorrow. Although I may get a call tomorrow saying someone will be here in 15 minutes...ah, the glass house effect. Everything we do, everything we eat, everything we don't pick up in the privacy of our own home (even closets...even the bedroom...) will be noticed by a curious realtor or potential buyer. Yikes. And being late 3rd trimester all I want to do is hibernate & insulate myself from the world. Instead, the world comes through my house in droves. Every day.

Hopefully it will lead to a speedy offer & closing on the house though. If so - it's worth it! I have to say I'm very much looking forward to June. By then the baby will be born, my spouse will be done with his school semester and therefore NOT overly stressed & overly busy, and we'll be very close to done with the craziness. I'm looking forward to July too, but I'm currently a little sad about some of the people & things we'll be leaving when we move, so it's not unfettered joy I feel at the thought of July.

No comments: