Friday, April 20, 2007

The Way to a Man's Heart and a Woman's Gag Reflex

My husband just came home and started looking for a plan for dinner. He stepped into the doorway of the room I'm in, and said this:

Okay – are you ready for this suggestion? We take frozen ground beef & brown it. You can’t make patties out of it, but you can brown it from a frozen state. Then we take elbow macaroni & cook a bunch of that up because we have a bunch of those noodles. Then we open a can of tuna fish – wait, hang on – and drain it and mix it in with the ground beef. Throw the macaroni noodles in, take that can of Campbells creamy chicken verde soup that we’ve had in the cupboard for a while & dump it over the whole thing & and heat it up. Then we grate a bunch of cheese over the whole thing and then take the whole mixture & roll it up in naan like burritos. I bet that would be really good. I might put black olives on mine. And you could have a beer with that, because I think that would be really good. We’ve got, like, three different kinds of cheese.

I don't know whether to be grateful for his creativity or to puke. I told him he can make that for himself & Simon in a few years when I'm away for a weekend, and have wonderful bachelor bonding time. I'm going to go help him find something that we'll both eat now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh bethany. you poor thing.

this sounds remarkably like a dinner one of the proprietors of the curious kumquat loved, once upon a time. with a casserole dish instead of naan, though.

i could be mistaken. you'll have to ask them.

bethanyjoy said...

When I told Tyler about it, he laughed (as only one who can completely relate does) and said "that sounds like Rob."