Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dodging the Blog

I'm terrible. I keep intending to write about organized religion, and then I don't know what to say yet so I dodge the blog completely.

I've been busy with various house projects lately - trying to get a little less dependent on my e-world. It's kind of nice to work with real pictures instead of just digital pictures, and to read books on paper instead of blogs and essays on screen all the time. I recently came across the following quote by Elton John:
Let's go out in the streets and march and protest instead of sitting at home and blogging. I do think it would be an incredible experiment to shut down the whole Internet for five years and see what sort of art is produced over that span. There's too much technology available. I'm sure, as far as music goes, it would be much more interesting than it is today.
I don't know about music, but I'm thinking in my personal life at least this is true. I may have to start setting a schedule of time online. Sometimes I may have to push myself a little to get on the computer, but sometimes I may have to cut it off earlier than I otherwise might for the sake of my personal health & creativity. All that blue light isn't good for me anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is really profound. I am really conflicted, and wondering how much blogging and internet in general rules our world....hm! thanks