Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Projects

Sometimes I let myself get too caught up in details of what has to be done, but sometimes I'm okay with the work ahead and the current progress. Currently, I'm okay. It's kind of amazing in a way.

We got our carport torn down, as you've seen by my previously posted pictures. Then last week we got our chimney checked & cleaned, which was evidently something that should have been done before we bought the house. Yesterday a handy friend came over & looked at our house to see about finishing the stucco on the exterior walls, and today another contractor is coming to give us an estimate too. Basically at this point, the first person/company who says "yes, I can do the work, I can do it in your relatively urgent time frame, and it will cost you this [reasonable] amount" will be hired. I'm excited to feel like progress on some of these bigger hired-out projects is being made.

And I've currently got about 10 boxes of varying sizes fully packed, arranged in the basement & ready to go. Whoo!

1 comment:

Tyler Connoley said...

I got a pang reading about the ten boxes in the basement. But I'm excited for you.

The house looks so much better without the carport. I was skeptical when you told me you were doing it, but I'm sold.