Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Happy Vacation Moments, Chapter Eight - Some Views

My dad has worked at a successful car dealership in Grand Rapids for more years than I've been around...thirty-some, I think. Growing up with him has cultivated an appreciation of cars & car-related experiences that I might not otherwise have. For example, I love to wash my own car in the driveway. Love it. Also, I love to go to car races. We had the opportunity to go to a race at the Berlin Raceway while we were in Michigan. This was the classic car race. I went with Dad, Adam & Jason - me & the guys! Fun.

After the car races were over, they did a big fireworks display. It was a well done show.








One of many gorgeous Lake Michigan sunsets, as seen through the trees from our cottage back porch.





When I was little, I thought sun beams through the clouds were glimpses of heaven. I don't have the same simple idea of heaven as I once did, but I think there may be some truth to that juvenile assessment.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: